Sunday, September 22, 2019

Board Games and Painting Classes Cause Couples to Experience Love Hormone. A Real Story



I can remember when I was a young guy. I would ask women on dates in an effort to find the love of my life or someone who would be there until that happened. I was under the false impression that I should take a woman out to a nice restaurant, take her dancing, buy her flowers and do my best to show her a good time. I always hoped this effort would be rewarded.

According to a recent study, I was a fool to spend that kind of money. All I needed to have a female experience a high from a love hormone was to take an art course with her. It never crossed my mind this would get a woman really going for me. If I had known I could have simply played a board game with a woman, I believe dating would have been much more cost-effective. Who knew? Some paint on a canvas, a quick game of chutes and ladders and you can get an evening of love. Things sure are different today.

Below are excerpts from the story with my valuable insights in italics.


Researchers at Baylor University found that couples who engage in collaborative art projects or play board games together release oxytocin, which scientists call the “hugging hormone,” in higher levels. Interestingly, the researchers also found that men who paint release an even greater amount of the hormone out all the groups and couples they studied.

I can think of the many different situations in my distant past that I thought would result in a woman releasing oxycontin. Art projects and board games were not on the list. It does make you wonder if they left out the fact that it was an erotic art class involving painting images on each other's naked body. Could the board games they played have been something like naked twister or strip poker? I'm sure there are certain situations where this could make sense and result in massive releases of oxycontin.


We were expecting the opposite — that couples playing the board games would interact more because they were communicating about the games and strategies, or because they were competing, and with more interaction, they would release more oxytocin,” says Dr. Karen Melton, assistant professor of child and family studies at Baylor, in a university release.

What kind of communication during a board game could cause people to get frisky?

Oh, the way you touch the candlestick is more than I can handle.”
Not as much as the way you handle the revolver.”
I think the way you say Mrs. Peacock is so hot.”
Not as hot as the way you say, Professor Plum.”
Please say ballroom one more time, it really gets me going.”
Only if you say billiard room.”
Oooooh, I love this game. Take me now.”
Only after we have our art class.”
Okay.”


The study also shows that couples taking painting classes engaged in touching each other more often than couples playing board games together. The researchers expected the other way around: they thought painting couples would pay more attention to the instructor during the class compared to those who played board games, where there was no instructor to watch or listen to.

I find this interesting. I never knew that couples who take painting classes touch each other more.

Oh, I love how you made that painting stroke. Let me give you a hug.”
Only if you hold my hand when I paint my happy tree.”
If you do a mountain scene I have to kiss you.”
It's difficult to paint when we are hugging one another.”
That is not the only reason I may not take this art class again.”
Why?”
People have such attitudes about us not wearing any clothes as we learn about painting furniture.”
I think they all suffer from oxycontin release envy.”
You are probably right.”


The researchers measured their participants’ oxytocin levels with urine samples before and after each group’s activities. They also used a six-item survey about each couple’s familiarity with the activities and about their communication, eye contact, and touch during their activity sessions.

(Sarcasm Alert)

I'm sure nothing would put a couple in the mood for love more than giving a urine sample after a painting class or playing a board game. I wonder if the research revealed some illegal doping by participants in the monopoly game. I'm sure after playing a board game or taking an art class you remember eye contact, touch, and communication. If you are a person who tries to seduce your partner during this type of activity, do you really know how to save a lot of money?


What struck the researchers about the findings was that interaction and touching between partners wasn’t required — it all happened naturally.

I hope the researchers didn't have to tell the couples to get a room.

You two haven't painted a thing or even played any part of a game.”
Yeah.”
All you two do is touch one another.”
Yes, but we have our own games we play and our own ways to paint.”
Which you can do in your own home. Right now we're conducting research.”
Oh.”

Here is a link to the story.

https://www.studyfinds.org/couples-high-love-hormone-board-games-painting/

Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE!

If you think THIS is funny. Click on the Links Below to Check out My Humor Book

The Longer You Live The Older You Get


Or my other one

I Speak Cursive Like a Baby Boomer




No comments:

Post a Comment