Saturday, October 5, 2019

Burger King has Unhappy Meals to Celebrate However Someone is Feeling. A Real Story



McDonald's started it with their happy meal. This is a kid-type fast food meal with a hamburger, some type of a side like french fries and a drink. It also comes with a cheap plastic toy that is often part of a movie promotion and more. The box has a smile on it. The entire happy meal dining experience is designed to be fun for children. Burger King realizes we are not all children. We still want to eat and have fun. As adults, we are prone to have a wide variety of intense emotional experiences on a daily basis. To accommodate for this, Burger King has seen an opportunity to capitalize on adult hunger and emotions. They have created something they call “Real Meals.” These are fast food meals designed to celebrate people feeling however they want to feel. I'm glad there is a fast food chain that recognizes adult emotions. The only disappointing thing is the Real Meals don't come with a toy. I think they should come with something like a scratch-off lottery ticket, key chain flashlight or glow in the dark pen. Now that would be a real meal.

Below are excerpts from the story with my valuable insights in italics.


There are five different "Real Meals" box options that correspond to different moods: Pissed Meal (mad), Blue Meal (sad), Salty Meal (bitter), YAAAS Meal (excited), and DGAF Meal (Don't give a f***).

The #FeelYourWay boxes come with a full-sized Whopper combo meal, which includes fries and a shake, but no toy. They are rolling out in a few major U.S. cities, including Seattle, New York, Los Angeles, Austin, and Miami.


I think the box for the DGAF Meal (Don't give a f***) should have a picture of a middle finger on it. There have been some supervisors I had in the past I would have given this meal as a way to express my feelings about their supervisory skills.

I'm sure these meals will make ordering at Burger King quite an experience.

Welcome to Burger King. How may I help you?”
I'm really pissed.”
Would you like a Pissed Real Meal.”
Do you have an I'm so angry I could bash your face meal?”
Sorry, but no.”
I am feeling depressed.”
Would you like a Blue Real Meal?”
No, I'm just dealing with things, I can't let go from the past.”
Would you like a Salty Real Meal?”
No, I'm not sure.”
I know, how about a DGAF Real Meal?”
I don't know if that's for me.”
I think it's for me. I really get upset when I have to deal with someone who doesn't know what they want to order. It's fast food, not rocket science.”
I like your spunk. Give me a YAAAS Real Meal. You got me excited.”
Not as excited as when I dump it on your head.”
Give me two, you're the best.”


The initiative isn't just a jab at McDonald's — it's in collaboration with the organization Mental Health America to raise awareness for Mental Health Month, which takes place during May.

(Sarcasm Alert)

I'm sure the one place where you can cure mental health is at fast food restaurants. I'm sure all the truly psychotic people have a favorite fast food restaurant. It's good Burger King has recognized this and is determined to corner the market on hungry crazy people. Maybe they should have a line of Real Psychotic Meals. People could get a whopper meal and credit toward the refill of their Lurasidone. They could expand to the I Hear Voices Real Meal as well as Suicidal Real Meal. They could probably be the first fast-food chain to provide the Thinking About Committing Mass Murder Real Meal. I'm sure the possibilities are endless. Their marketing team needs to start work on it immediately.

Brand marketers — especially fast-food companies like Wendy's and Denny's — have latched onto anxiety and depression as marketing "trends" in recent years, attempting to appear relatable to millennials and Gen Z.


Doesn't it say something about Millennials and Gen Z when fast food companies have to utilize the depression and anxiety trends of these generations to relate to them? I'm amazed their drive toward success or trying to become the best possible isn't a marketing tool for these generations. Maybe other companies will catch onto these trends. Shoe stores will start offering discounts to people who have a prescription to psychotic medications. People recently released from mental health facilities will be given discounts at computer stores. Who needs to market to the emotionally well-balanced individuals of these generations? If you want to make money with these people you must market your products so they appeal to their members with mental health issues.

While many are praising a partnership that supports destigmatizing mental health issues, some are disappointed that Burger King doesn't do more to support its own employees.


I suppose Burger King employees want recognition of their mental health issues. Maybe people who are really psychotic should not be expected to show up for work and still get paid? Guess what? Fast food work has been fast food work since there has been fast food. I suppose generations who are coming of age now who want business and industry to accommodate them because they feel overworked and stressed. I wonder if members of these generations realize they are not the first people to live in this world. Being overworked and stress is something all previous generations have experienced in ways they can't imagine. Are they aware many generations before them did much more and complained much less? We did so many things and did it without getting a Real Meal from Burger King. I'm sure some members of the younger generations may struggle to believe it is possible.

Here is a link to the story.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/burger-king-takes-aim-at-mcdonalds-by-introducing-unhappy-meals/

Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE!

If you think THIS is funny. Click on the Links Below to Check out My Humor Book

The Longer You Live The Older You Get


Or my other one

I Speak Cursive Like a Baby Boomer



No comments:

Post a Comment