Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Artist Sells Poop from Kentucky Derby Winning Horse. A Real Story



There are a lot of things silly things I have purchased in my time. I did have to have a portable folding metal stove you could put in a backpack. I've never used it, but it was really cool. There was a gadget that has over a dozen things it could do and was really cheap. So, the light it provided stopped working, the compass didn't last too long but the mini mirror and whistle that came with it are still in perfect condition. I can honestly say that I've never been tempted to purchase poop of any kind. If someone said they could sell me a jar of poop from the Lassie I wouldn't be interested. There are people who see things differently from me. It appears there has been an artist selling poop from a 1997 Kentucky winning horse. I think making money off of poop and calling yourself an artist and not a feces entrepreneur is pretty crappy.

What is this? It looks like a jar of horse poop.”
Why, that is not just any horse poop. It is poop from a horse that won the Kentucky Derby in 1997.”
How do you know it is Kentucky Derby winning horse poop? It could be poop from any horse.”
It just is and that's it. Now go buy your 27 in one gadget and leave me alone.”
Okay.”

Below are excerpts from the story with my valuable insights in italics.


That's right, an artist in Kentucky has been gathering the poop of the 1997 Kentucky Derby winner, putting it in a jar and selling it, WLEX reports.

People come to the Old Friends Farm and they all want to see Silver Charm.

It seems everyone has their reason to meet Silver Charm, and for one artist, that reason was poop

I wonder if this person ever feels that people only love him for the poop he can provide them? How do you come up with such an idea? Do you just look at horse poop one day and think to yourself, I bet people will probably pay good money for that horse poop. I'll just put it in some jars and sell it.

What would an advertisement for horse poop be like?

What do you give the person who has everything? You give them a jar of horse poop, but not just any horse poop. We can provide you with authentic poop from a horse that won the Kentucky Derby in 1997. See for yourself how this derby winning equine's digestive system gave him what was necessary to become a champion. Horse poop from the Belmont Stakes and Preakness Stakes winners to come very soon. Start your collection today.”


The man behind the poop is artist Coleman Larkin.

"You gotta get 'em fresh, that's super important. You gotta have that nice shape," Larkin said.

He puts the preserved pieces in Mason jars. Just don't ask him how.

"Oh yeah, it's top secret. I don't want any of my competitors in the turd jarring industry to find out how to do this." 

(Sarcasm Alert)

It is good to know that when you purchase Kentucky Derby winning horse poop, it is fresh. You would want to pay for horse poop that has aged for too long. I do wonder if they discard the horse poop that is not a nice shape or sell it at a discount? Maybe they provide half-off shapeless horse poop. I must admit that if you're going to purchase Kentucky Derby winning horse poop, it should be in a Mason jar. None of this discarded old mayonnaise or pickle jar stuff, you want the quality that comes with a Mason jar. It's good to know that Colonel Sanders had a secret recipe that was finger-licking good. Artist Coleman Larken has a secret method for jarring Kentucky Derby winning horse poop. It may someday be as valuable as the recipe for Coke.


If you're wondering who would sell this, look no further than the company Kentucky for Kentucky. 

"It's horse-made and handmade here in Kentucky," says Whit Hiler of Kentucky for Kentucky. "Which is very unique and how many things can you buy that are horse-made and handmade."

The price is steep - $200. 


I can not disagree that Kentucky Derby-winning horse poop is made in Kentucky. I do think it is a bit of false advertising to say it was handmade. I believe it is obvious this horse poop is equine made in Kentucky. Could they be considering branching out to sell other items horses discard? Would they want to save the trimmings from a horse's hoof and sell those in a Mason jar? Are we going to see bits of a Kentucky Derby winning horse hair mane for sale in a Mason jar? I'm sure there are many possibilities they have yet to explore.

If you have to pay $200 for Kentucky Derby-winning horse poop, I wonder if the cost of the horse poop decreases based on how the horse placed in the race. It may be $200 for a jar of the Kentucky Derby-winning horse's poop, $150 for the poop of the horse that placed second, $100 for the horse that placed third and so on. I'm sure savvy horse poop collectors around the world will know if this is a good deal.

Below is a link to the story



No comments:

Post a Comment