Thursday, August 8, 2019

Sinking Into Your Parent's Grave and a Lawsuit. A Real Story



I have heard of strange experiences at cemeteries. It is a place where people are filled with intense remorse. I can honestly say you expect to see sadness and people crying. It is common to see people in cemeteries struggling to deal with their emotions. I'm sure sinking up to your hips over a grave is not a reasonable expectation when visiting the grave of a loved one. This is exactly. what happened to a woman in New York.

Here are some excerpts from the story with my valuable insights in italics.

A woman visiting her parents’ Long Island burial plot descended into more than despair. She sank hip-deep into their grave, a lawsuit claims. In the real-life horror show, Joanne Cullen bent down to fix a bow on a wreath by the headstone when a sinkhole formed and began to “swallow” her up, according to court papers.



Can you imagine how what is going through your mind when you visit your parent's gave and begin to sink into the ground?

I miss you so much. We had so many good times. I would give anything to see you again. ”

Suddenly, she begins sinking into her parent's grave.

Ah, you know I guess I need to be more specific. You see, I wanted to see you again in this world. It's a place we both know and can have a good time. I'm good staying here until it's my time to leave. Ah, I hope you know, you've made my clothes really muddy.”

It caused her to fall forward and smash her head on the tombstone,” cracking a tooth, her lawyer, Joseph Perrini, told The Post.
She then tried to “bounce back and she started sinking into the ground and grabbed the sides of the tombstone,” he said.

Wow. That is almost like a real horror movie with her parent's speaking from the grave and saying, “Oh, so you don't want to get sucked into the earth to see your poor deceased parents? After all the things we did for you. I think being sucked into the earth when you're alive isn't really asking all that much of you.” You were always so stubborn as a child. You know, I could tell many stories about it.”

The woman falls forward and hits her head on the tombstone.

See what happens? If you would have just been sucked into the earth to see your parents this wouldn't have happened.”

The stunned North Bellmore, Long Island woman cried out for help, but no one in the graveyard could hear her screams.

Can you imagine two graveyard workers having lunch outside and hear the faint sound of a woman screaming for help?

Did you hear that sound? I think a woman is screaming for help. I wonder what is happening.”

Well, it's not like she's sinking down into her parent's grave. I mean, that almost never happens.”

The creepy calamity occurred at dusk on Dec. 19, 2016.
Getting sucked into your parents’ grave when you go to visit them on a cool December afternoon with the sun going down … it’s terrifying and traumatizing,” the lawyer said.

I would have to agree with this lawyer. I don't think it is something that will become a popular activity.

(Sarcasm Alert)

What do you want to do today?
Well, we could visit my parent's grave, get sucked down up to our waists and hit our head on a tombstone.”
Hey, I think we should call it extreme gravesite visiting.”
Yeah, let's go.



Now it’s the St. Charles Resurrection Cemetery administrators were hit with Cullen’s $5 million lawsuit in Queens Supreme Court. Perrini contends that gravediggers who back-filled a grave adjacent to Cullen’s parents’ left an underground void that caused Cullen to sink into the netherworld. We want to make sure the cemetery and employees learn from this.

I'm sure a $5 million dollar lesson is one you won't forget. I wonder if there were other attorneys who wanted to make this a class action suit? Could they be considering running an advertisement? It could say, “Have you been sucked into the grave of a loved one? Did your face hit a tombstone causing you physical harm? Do you feel you are the victim of faulty grave digging backfill operator? Call us today for a free consultation.”



If this lawsuit is successful, I'm sure scam artists will try to take advantage of it.
I'm telling you, I am the victim of negligent gravediggers. I want $10 million dollars.
The evidence shows you dug a hole in the cemetery on your own, jumped into it, and intentionally hit your face on a tree.”
Well, what kind of cemetery has such lack security a person can do such a thing? They are a menace. I may want $12 million dollars.”
Will you take $100,000 to go away?”
It's a deal.”

I hope this never happens to another person.

Here is a link to the story.



Here is a link to a funny video on It is a Glorious Day.

It is called: Imagining Fitness. Special Guest: Clarissa The Cackling Egg Carton 



No comments:

Post a Comment