Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Fishermen Catching World War II Grenades and Taco Bell. A Real Story



I have been fishing many times. I know the thrill of casting your fishing line into a body of water then experiencing the anxious anticipation of catching something. All fishermen know when they feel that tug on the other end of the line, they get that excitement associated with discovering exactly what they have caught. In Germany, a fisherman had quite a memorable fishing experience. I don't think it was in season, but he reeled in a World War II hand grenade. I hope they don't stock this fishing place with World War II hand grenades. If this was done, I believe fishing would then be considered an extreme sport.

Below are excerpts from the story with my excellent insights in italics.

A German fisherman reportedly made quite an explosive catch on Friday.
The unidentified 27-year-old was out fishing in the northern German town of Emden when his line hooked a French hand grenade from World War II, local police reported to Deutsche Welle.

I'm left wondering what type of bait would be good to use when fishing for World War II grenades? I wonder if you have to have a special permit to fish for World War II grenades? I'm sure, it would require some rather special fishing equipment.



What type of fish are you going to try to catch today? Are you going after Trout, Bass, Bluegill, Crappie?”
Why no, I find that sort of fishing quite boring. I'm going fishing for World War II grenades.”
Hey, I'm sure you could get a real bang out of the experience.”
Would you like to join me.?”
Sorry, I'm going to have to say no. I prefer fishing that does not involve explosive devices. I think fishing for plastic fish at an amusement park is more for me. It is a little bit safer.”

Police blocked off the area to other anglers due to the potentially dangerous catch. The grenade was then turned over to the explosive ordnance disposal service.



I hope the fisherman at least got to take his picture with the World War II grenade. It seems only fair since he did catch it.

Here is a picture of me with my award-winning Yellow Perch.”
Here is a picture of me with my award-winning Channel Catfish.”
Here is a picture of me with my World War II grenade, and it didn't explode and kill me.”
You are really one impressive fisherman.”

A similar incident happened in Florida earlier this year while a man was magnet fishing.
The unidentified individual was searching for metal objects underwater in Ocklawaha in January when he caught “an authentic WWII hand grenade.”

I hate to be the one to say it, but we could be seeing a new and exciting international trend among people who like to fish. There was a time when having the biggest fish was the goal. Now, the goal could be changing into catching the oldest and largest explosive device. We may see the day when people no longer are admired for catching a record-setting fish. Award-winning fisherman may be admired for catching World War II grenades, land mines or tank turrets. The possibilities are endless.



However, in an interesting turn, before the man reported the item, he first drove to Taco Bell, where he called 911 about the find. A bomb squad was called to the scene and the Taco Bell was evacuated.

That is not only interesting, but it is also kind of scary. I can only imagine the thought process that occurred to cause someone to drive to Taco Bell with a World War II grenade they caught when fishing.

What did you catch when you went fishing today?”
Well, the fish weren't biting, but I caught a World War II-era grenade.”
I think you may want to turn it into the authorities. The thing could explode, kill you and everyone around you.”
Okay, but first let's go to Taco Bell it and get a Chalupa. I'm really hungry. I'll call the authorities when we're at the restaurant after I eat.”
Sounds good, let's go.”

I can only imagine this guy placing his order at Taco Bell.

Welcome to Taco Bell. May I take your order?”
Do you have any discounts for people with World War II grenades?”
No, why do you ask?”
Ah, no reason.”


Here is a link to the story.


Here is a funny video from It is a Glorious Day.

It is called: Buy My Book Because I need the money By Leroy Jo Jo Jones








No comments:

Post a Comment