Saturday, July 27, 2019

Pair of Glasses Left on Museum Floor Mistaken for Art. A Real Story



I will admit that I am not a person who would describe himself as an art aficionado. I still don't understand the eye rolls and comments I get when people see my painting of dogs playing poker. This artwork is great to me. The looks on the dog's faces and them having bottles and glasses of booze next to them is too funny to me. I laugh each time I see it. One of these days, I'll work up the nerve to bring it up from the storage area in my basement and hang it in my living room. When my wife is far away, and I have advance notice she is coming back, so I can put back down in the basement before she gets home.


It appears those art watching museum aficionado types who think they are so brilliant when it comes to knowing art seems like they should learn how to appreciate my dogs playing poker picture. A pair of glasses left on a museum's floor was thought to be art. It seems these hoity-toity art loving types started taking pictures of the pair of glasses. If they think this is art, they should come to my house. We have so much art. There is the yet-to-be-put-away DVD display as well as unfinished books piled up in a corner of the living room. This, of course, is nothing compared to the stuff-to-be-put-in-the-attic display. We of course also have the artistic display in the basement and garage of things not used for decades. Maybe we should charge art lovers a fee to see our house and give a hoity-toity art loving type discount.

Below are excerpts from the story with my valuable insights in italics.


A pair of glasses were left on the floor at a museum and everyone mistook it for art
The teen behind the hoax had similar success with a baseball cap and a bin

Well, I guess that tells you all you need to know about art. Who needs to spend time studying art in art school and perfecting their artwork? It seems all they need to do is put a bin and baseball cap in a museum for their work to be considered art.

I've spent years perfecting my painting style.”
I've spent years perfecting my sculpting abilities.”
I've spent years developing my abilities to create various type of artwork.'
Unless any of this involves a baseball cap or bin, we can't have your work in our museum.”
Oh.”



Several visitors to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art this week were fooled into thinking a pair of glasses set on the floor by a 17-year-old prankster was a postmodern masterpiece.

We stumbled upon a stuffed animal on a gray blanket and questioned if this was really impressive to some of the nearby people.”

To test out the theory that people will stare at, and try and artistically interpret, anything if it’s in a gallery setting, Khayatan set a pair of glasses down and walked away.

Soon, people began to surround them, maintaining a safe distance from the ‘artwork’ and several of them taking pictures.

What does this say about hoity-toity art aficionado types? It tells me they should never say anything negative about my poker playing dog picture. I hope my wife doesn't find the one with cats playing poker. It has them smoking and drinking, it's so funny. This picture really complements my dogs playing poker picture.

If I saw someone admiring a pair of glasses on a floor as art, I would be telling them they could have the glasses for a reasonable price of a few thousand dollars. It is an original work of art. No other pair of glasses have the exact same type of scratches as this type of art. I would then invite them to a personal showing of the various pairs of artwork involving glasses at my house. They're done by a true master. We're talking old prescription glasses, reading glasses, old sunglasses, 3-D glasses from movies. If hoity-toity art aficionado s want this type of art, I can give them this type of original art for a reasonable price. With all the stuff in my house, I bet I have created a type of hoity-toity art aficionado nirvana. I would have to stipulate my dogs and cat playing poker pictures are off limits.


I like to think they imagined the floored glasses to represent the dumbing down of culture, or perhaps the viewing of life through a lens, possibly with a nice, lower-case title like 'myopia' or 'real eyes (real lies)'.

Now, I think that is fantastic. How about I imagine the glasses on the floor are representing an inability to see the truth of the world. I think these glasses are a symbol of people being given a choice to see the reality of the world where they live or not. The lenses are the gateway to an understanding of society as well as our world. I would give the glasses on the floor a title like Blind to BS or Only What a Fool Can See. I'm getting so good at this, I bet I could be given official hoity-toity art aficionado status.

Some may interpret it as a joke, some might find great spiritual meaning in it. At the end of the day, I see it as a pleasure for open-minded people and imaginative minds.”


I would also like to suggest if you find great spiritual meaning in seeing a pair of glasses on a museum floor, you may need to seek some professional help. What they call people with imaginative minds who are open-minded, I call people who are a bit gullible and not the sharpest tools in the shed. Thinking that glasses on the floor, a bin or a stuffed animal on a gray blanket as great art makes no sense. I think my pictures of dogs and playing poker makes more sense. It is just a shame my wife doesn't have the same level of art sophistication as myself.

Below is a link to the article.



No comments:

Post a Comment