Monday, March 2, 2015

ReadMikeNow Interview Series: Ed Becker


Here at ReadMikeNow we are starting an interview series. Real people interviewed using my stupid questions. The goal here is to be silly.

The first guest interview for ReadMikeNow is with an internationally admired spy named Ed Becker. He has been known to travel the world partaking in clandestine operations to keep the world free. He is part 007 and part Spy Kids. I think that's what you do...isn't it?”

Actually I’m still a 003 with high hopes of a promotion to 007 after my next performance review. Right now I only have a license to spill…which I’ve done to my martini a number of times. Luckily, I like my martinis VERY dry…so no harm done.




What is your position on Miller Lite controversy? Is it less filling or does it taste great? Do you believe these questions could also apply to sushi?

My position on Miller Lite would be firmly labeled, horizontal. I drink the beer while reclining in my chair during Steeler games. Less filling, unless you’re eating a dozen calzones with it. The only thing I apply to sushi is tons of wasabi so it takes my mind off the fact I’m eating raw fish.

Do you feel that peanut butter and chocolate are two great tastes that taste great together? Do you think it's possible this is a way to distract Americans from the crop failures of peanut and chocolate?




Of course they go together. They’re the Hope and Crosby, Martin and Lewis, and Cher and Sonny of the food world. I think we must increase federal subsidies to peanut and chocolate farmers worldwide.




Is there any truth to the rumor you once knew someone, who was related to a person that touched somebody who was in the same room with Star Trek Legend Marc Daniels when he ate a piece of pizza? Please provide the details.

Never happened. However, at the 2003 Comic Con, Bill Shatner dropped his Vicks Vapo stick at the podium and 25 of us rushed the stage to get it. I still have it under glass in my office.




On the topic of T-shirts, are you a V-Neck, Crew-neck or Tank-top kind of guy?

This is getting a bit personal. All I can say is that I opt for the higher cut, but seldom seen D-Neck which doesn’t reveal as much when I lean over.

HE IS A REAL PERSON

Ed Becker and I both attended Point Part (now) University at the same time. His family and my wife's family have been friends for decades. He took pictures at my wedding and that occurred many years ago. He is a true professional at photography. We have worked together on a number of stories for magazines. I really appreciate him taking the time to do something as silly as respond to these questions for my blog.

What exactly are you doing currently for work?

I’m currently working as a contracted media producer with an international, non-profit organization. I produce a series of video interviews with patients who have this rare autoimmune disease, and with doctors/researchers studying it. We are distributing these videos extensively though social media to help raise awareness, and provide education for vasculitis.

I also do writing, audio/video transcription services, web content generation, photography, and marketing for other clients.

What do you do for fun?

I love kayaking and outdoor photography. When I turned 50 I bought a mid-life crisis kayak because I told my wife it’s cheaper than a Corvette and I’ll get into less trouble. Kayaking allows me to explore lakes and rivers to get photos that would otherwise be unobtainable.

It’s mostly for my own enjoyment, but it’s extra bonus points when I sell my work too.

If you’d like to see a portfolio of my work you can go to: https://www.behance.net/edbecker

I hope you take a minute to look at Ed's work. If you need some photography or website work done, I highly recommend him. You can see by this column, Ed has a very good sense of humor.

Don't forget to subscribe to ReadMikeNow! The subscribe tool is to the right of this column a little ways down from the top. You can ALSO put your email address in the space provided at the top of the column. Thanks!

IF YOU LIKE MY HUMOR YOU'LL LOVE MY BOOKS.  MAY BE FREE FOR KINDLE USERS

No comments:

Post a Comment